Saturday, September 26, 2015

Happy Early Release, Rabbit in Red!

Rabbit in Red’s official release day is Tuesday September 29, but guess what? The Amazon and Smashwords links have been made available early! Please grab a copy while the book is on sale for 99 cents (and don’t forget to go back and leave a review!).

My friends, family, colleagues, followers here: You’ve all been incredibly supportive! Let me tell you all about how to get the book now and a final “what’s this book about” post from me. I’d sure appreciate if you want to share this with your friends and family, too.



What’s the book about?

Bill Wise has blood in his past, so he turns to horror films to wipe it clean. Jaime Stein has felt the betrayal of death, so she too takes refuge in the on-screen deaths of others. Now Bill, Jaime, and seventeen other horror-loving teens have gathered at Rabbit in Red Studios, the brainchild of eccentric horror producer Jay “JB” Bell, for the terror-filled, blood-drenched contest of their lives. 

JB has presented this competition as a race between the best of the best that will reward the winners with cash, internships, and a career making the movies they love. But things aren’t always as they seem at Rabbit in Red, and soon life starts to imitate art. Will Bill and Jaime be strong enough to confront real horror to save their friends, or will they all fall victim to JB’s twisted plans?


I prefer print. When is that coming out?

I love the feel of print, too. Honestly though, what I ask of my best supporters is to buy the e-book first. It’s only 99 cents if you get it during our release celebration! Why? For new authors like me, it’s the sales of e-books that get noticed, not the sale of my print. So if you want to help me climb those charts and get my name out there, get the e-book, please. Then come get a nice collector’s edition of the print book at a couple of special parties in central Illinois. Out-of-towners will be able to order print online next month, too.

Why did you write this book?

I love horror. I was most inspired by Ernest Cline’s Ready Player One, which is not a horror story by the way. But Cline took pop culture and made a story out of it. When I first read that book, I wanted to do the same, but with horror. I used to eat, sleep, and breathe nothing but Stephen King. So I got the idea of making an adventure of the stories I love.

But it’s A LOT more than that. This book started out as pure fun. It’s the adventure I, as the self-proclaimed #1 horror fan in the world, would love to do! But this is my art, too. I wanted meaning behind it. I wanted to explore fear, loss, love, death, coming-of-age, and more from my own perspectives and experiences. That’s all there. I hope you love it.

I do love it. What can I do?

Reviews will make or break authors. PLEASE leave a review on Amazon (even if you read it elsewhere). Consider posting that review on all of the other sites where the book is available.

Share this blog, the book, and whatever else you’d like with friends and family. We live in a world where today, I would argue, most people observe and don’t comment/share. You might think that’s crazy, but someone is reading this (and possibly enjoying it) with absolutely no intention of sharing or commenting. It’s just not what some do. But I’m asking you to change that, and help us spread the word. Share, comment, and tell the world about it, if you love it!

Okay, where do I buy it again?

Go here to get it on Amazon.

Go here to get it on Smashwords.

As more sites and places become available, I’ll update this section.

How do I follow you for the latest Rabbit in Red updates?

Please do follow me. Who knows? Maybe this will be a movie someday! Or maybe—even for just one day—I’ll hit number one on a bestseller’s chart. And of course you know that this is only book one, with at least two more Rabbit in Red books coming out! To get all that info and more, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and/or Tumblr, whatever you prefer.

You can also stay up-to-date by visiting my official webpage at www.joechianakas.com.


Now, get to reading, and enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment