Monday, June 19, 2017

Short Story Contest

Attention all writers and lovers of horror!

I'd like to offer you a chance to be published in the final book of my Rabbit in Red trilogy, Bury the Rabbit!



Why? Well, I'm ending a series that, in part, celebrates our passion for the horror genre. Although stories end, our excitement for this genre, I hope, never will.

I've also experienced an incredible publishing journey. Trust me: it wasn't easy and it sure as heck wasn't always good. I'm honored and thrilled that Rabbit in Red has reached tens of thousands out there, and if I can give something back to a fellow writer, then I'd love to do that.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Write a short story (no more than 5000 words, no minimum word requirement) using one of the characters in Rabbit in Red. This can be ANY of my characters. Think fan fiction.

2. Put that character (or more than one) through one of the following scenarios:
   A. Have them re-create a famous horror movie scene in virtual reality like we do in book one
   B. Have them journey through your own section of Hellfire, like we do in book two. Add your own twist to the haunt!
   C. Have them explore a real-world horror location (and of course make something creepy happen!).

3. Submit to me no later than Monday, July 3. That deadline is approaching quickly, but we need to be able to go to print soon. Bury the Rabbit releases on Halloween, but it still goes through several proof copies before it hits the shelves.

EMAIL stories to me at JOECHIANAKAS@GMAIL.COM. Stories should be either attached as a Word Doc or share with my a link via Google Docs.

Keep in mind that I won't be the judge. I know some of you, and I don't want to be biased. I will have a panel of independent judges.

I will notify the winner early July. Your story will be included in Bury the Rabbit, along with your own introduction/short bio. It's my way of thanking fellow horror writers for following Rabbit in Red with me. Your story will potentially be read by tens of thousands!

GET TO WRITING! Spread the word!

Haven’t started the series?

Get Rabbit in Red and Burn the Rabbit on sale on Amazon for just $2.99 (Kindle edition). Or request the paperback copies at your favorite local bookstore!

Or search for them on whatever platform you prefer to read. We even have a great audio edition for the first book on iTunes, Amazon, and Audible. But if you ask me where to get them: always support local. Call your favorite bookstore and put in an order for the first two books today and get caught up!

Follow me on Facebook for all sorts of extra fun updates and contests, or visit my webpage here.




No comments:

Post a Comment