Sunday, October 30, 2016

30 of 31 Days of Halloween!

I was challenged by my local Barnes & Noble to develop a list of 31 horror movies to watch, one a day for October. My only problem is that I couldn't pick just one.

For October 30, enjoy the following picks!

Horror Author Joe Chianakas pick-of-the-day:

HOCUS POCUS

Image result for Hocus Pocus

On the 2nd to last day of our 31 Days of Halloween, I wanted to pick a couple fun, non-scary movies. For many of us, this is a childhood classic, and it's one that I have to throw on each Halloween season for carefree fun and nostalgia.

Available on: Free Form

Rabbit in Red pick-of-the-day (a movie referenced in my horror series):

GOOSEBUMPS

Image result for Goosebumps

This was so much fun! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Growing up on RL Stine, it was great to see some of the stories come to life on the big screen. Jack Black makes for a perfect Stine, and the kids are fun, too. Great flick, and family-friendly.

Available on: Netflix


The Magnificent Movie Emporium pick (join the movie group by clicking the link if you enjoy discussing your favorite movies!):

CREEPSHOW

Image result for Creepshow

I watched this all the time as a kid, too. I could recite each: "It's father's day! And I want my cake!" This is a series of short horror that is fun and scary and absolutely perfect 80s King.

Available on: Amazon

Want more? My friend Bryan at Fitz of Horror, the hottest horror movie page on Facebook, is posting favorite movies by the HOUR this month!

Get Rabbit in Red, the book voted FAVORITE HORROR BOOK OF 2016, today!



Available at Barnes and Noble, online retailers like Amazon, or request a copy from your favorite, local bookstore or library.

You can read it on the app, Tapas!

You can get a signed copy from our Etsy shop.

The audio book is available for those who prefer to listen! Get it on AmazonAudible, or iTunes!

Follow the author on Facebook or Twitter.

The second book in the series, Burn the Rabbit, is available now, too.




Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment