Monday, October 10, 2016

Day 10 of 31 Days of Halloween



I was challenged by my local Barnes & Noble to develop a list of 31 horror movies to watch, one a day for October. My only problem is that I couldn't pick just one.

For October 10, enjoy the following picks!

Horror Author Joe Chianakas pick-of-the-day:

HOUSEBOUND
Image result for Housebound

Stop what you're doing and go stream this movie on Netflix right now. It's fantastic! The house is full of noises and mystery-- what could it be? Is it haunted? It's more than just that. I loved this story, I laughed out loud at some great humor all throughout, and I even had a couple of creative nightmares that I am convinced happened because of this movie. I'd tell you what the dream was about, but that would spoil it. Just trust me. Go watch it now!

Available on: Netflix


Rabbit in Red pick-of-the-day (a movie referenced in my horror series):

JOY RIDE

Image result for Joy Ride

I love this 2001 horror flick starring the late Paul Walker, of Fast and Furious fame. There's something about being on the road, traveling long distances, and staying in hotels that add to a unique horror setting. Basically, they're a couple of pranksters who mess with a semi-truck driver, and the driver comes after them for revenge. I know, I know . . . but considering what it is, it's pretty good for what it tries to accomplish. I've always enjoyed it.

Available on: iTunes


The Magnificent Movie Emporium pick (join the movie group by clicking the link, and be part of the 365 day movie discussion on Facebook!):

FINAL DESTINATION

Image result for Final Destination

I will always love this film, too. I watched it weeks before my first time on an airplane, which happened to be an overseas, 14 hour long flight from Chicago to Tokyo. Let me tell you: I was terrified. If you haven't seen these, the initial premise is very creative, and it's worth a watch.

Available on: Amazon, iTunes

(Want even more? My friend Bryan at Fitz of Horror, the hottest horror movie page on Facebook, is posting favorite movies by the HOUR this month!)

Get Rabbit in Red, the book voted FAVORITE HORROR BOOK OF 2016, today!



Available at Barnes and Noble, online retailers like Amazon, or request a copy from your favorite, local bookstore or library.

You can read it on the app, Tapas!

You can get a signed copy from our Etsy shop.

The audio book is available for those who prefer to listen! Get it on AmazonAudible, or iTunes!

Follow the author on Facebook or Twitter.

The second book in the series, Burn the Rabbit, is available now, too.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment