Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Day 12 of 31 Days of Halloween




I was challenged by my local Barnes & Noble to develop a list of 31 horror movies to watch, one a day for October. My only problem is that I couldn't pick just one.

For October 12, enjoy the following picks!

Horror Author Joe Chianakas pick-of-the-day:

THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE

Image result for the exorcism of emily rose

First time I saw this, I found it incredibly frightening. It's well-acted, got a great cast, and is by far one of the better possession movies out there. I also found it to be effective because it had me thinking and questioning my belief system for days after I watched it. Plus, you'll never look at 3:00 a.m. quite the same again. Great horror.

Available on: Starz, iTunes, Amazon

Rabbit in Red pick-of-the-day (a movie referenced in my horror series):

JEEPERS CREEPERS

Image result for jeepers creepers

Even just writing this blurb, I find myself signing the song: "Jeepers. Creepers. Where'd you get those peepers?" This is a fun movie with some nice jumps and scares, a perfect "things-that-go-bump-in-the-night" kind of flick!

Available on: HBO

The Magnificent Movie Emporium pick (Like movie discussions? Then join this movie group by clicking the link!):

1408

Image result for 1408

John Cusack. Samuel L. Jackson. Stephen King. Need I say more?!?  This is a creepy story, and a perfect addition your Halloween movie nights!

Available on: Amazon, iTunes

Want more? My friend Bryan at Fitz of Horror, the hottest horror movie page on Facebook, is posting favorite movies by the HOUR this month!

Get Rabbit in Red, the book voted FAVORITE HORROR BOOK OF 2016, today!


Available at Barnes and Noble, online retailers like Amazon, or request a copy from your favorite, local bookstore or library.

You can read it on the app, Tapas!

You can get a signed copy from our Etsy shop.

The audio book is available for those who prefer to listen! Get it on AmazonAudible, or iTunes!

Follow the author on Facebook or Twitter.

The second book in the series, Burn the Rabbit, is available now, too.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment