Thursday, October 13, 2016

Day 13 of 31 Days of Halloween



I was challenged by my local Barnes & Noble to develop a list of 31 horror movies to watch, one a day for October. My only problem is that I couldn't pick just one.

For October 13, enjoy the following picks!

Horror Author Joe Chianakas pick-of-the-day:

FRIDAY THE 13th

Image result for friday the 13th original

Here's the thing: I know so many young horror fans who never saw the original, and I think this is totally worth watching. I don't want to spoil it-- but there are two great twists. The reveal, and then THAT very last scene. Like many of you, perhaps, I watched this already knowing about the Jason mythology. Can you imagine what it would be like watching this for the first time? Not knowing anything about Jason or . . . his family? :) I think that would be great.

Available: This Friday, look for it to play on AMC multiple times throughout the day!

Rabbit in Red pick-of-the-day (a movie referenced in my horror series):

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER

Image result for i know what you did last summer

It's fun! I remember reading the book as a kid, and then getting to see the movie. Again, I have a love of these teen slashers, and I think anyone who loves the genre would appreciate it, too. This was one of those movies I got to see in the theater on a Saturday night when I was still a high school student. Teens and horror-- it's a relationship that will never die :)

Available on: Amazon, iTunes


The Magnificent Movie Emporium pick (join the movie group by clicking the link if you enjoy discussing your favorite movies!):

EVENT HORIZON

Image result for event horizon


Sci-fi and horror! Great actors in this one, and if you love going into deep space for a few scares, then give this one a shot!

Available on: Netflix

Want more? My friend Bryan at Fitz of Horror, the hottest horror movie page on Facebook, is posting favorite movies by the HOUR this month!

Get Rabbit in Red, the book voted FAVORITE HORROR BOOK OF 2016, today!


Available at Barnes and Noble, online retailers like Amazon, or request a copy from your favorite, local bookstore or library.

You can read it on the app, Tapas!

You can get a signed copy from our Etsy shop.

The audio book is available for those who prefer to listen! Get it on AmazonAudible, or iTunes!

Follow the author on Facebook or Twitter.

The second book in the series, Burn the Rabbit, is available now, too.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment