Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Day 11 of 31 Days of Halloween



I was challenged by my local Barnes & Noble to develop a list of 31 horror movies to watch, one a day for October. My only problem is that I couldn't pick just one.

For October 11, enjoy the following picks!

Horror Author Joe Chianakas pick-of-the-day:

JENNIFER'S BODY

Image result for Jennifer's Body

This is a ridiculous movie that I sighed and rolled my eyes at the first time I watched it. Then I was persuaded to give it a second chance. Now, I watch it every Halloween. It's wicked fun-- a blend of sexy humor and horror that's just the right amount of awful to make it enjoyable.

Available on: Amazon, iTunes

Rabbit in Red pick-of-the-day (a movie referenced in my horror series):

THE PURGE: ANARCHY

Image result for the purge anarchy

The second in the series is actually my favorite. There's something even scarier out on the streets. Overall, I really enjoyed the premise of all three films in the trilogy, and if you haven't given these a shot, you're missing out. There's a little Hunger Games to these films-- a creepy, what-could-happen-if-we-let-a-dictator-President-take-over feel that is too real.

Available on: Xfinity On Demand, iTunes, Amazon

The Magnificent Movie Emporium pick (join the movie group by clicking the link, if you like these kind of talks-- it's a fun Facebook group where you can discuss any of your favorite movies 365 days a year!):

SHAUN OF THE DEAD

Image result for shaun of the dead

These guys know how to do zombie satire. Lots of tried. Most have failed. If you like horror comedy that succeeds, that actually has scares as well as humor, this is the movie for you.

Available on: Amazon, iTunes

(Want even more? My friend Bryan at Fitz of Horror, the hottest horror movie page on Facebook, is posting favorite movies by the HOUR this month!)

Get Rabbit in Red, the book voted FAVORITE HORROR BOOK OF 2016, today!



Available at Barnes and Noble, online retailers like Amazon, or request a copy from your favorite, local bookstore or library.

You can read it on the app, Tapas!

You can get a signed copy from our Etsy shop.

The audio book is available for those who prefer to listen! Get it on AmazonAudible, or iTunes!

Follow the author on Facebook or Twitter.

The second book in the series, Burn the Rabbit, is available now, too.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment